"In summer, the song sings itself." -William Carlos Williams




Monday, April 26, 2010

I give in

As the last days of school come to a close ( 2 more days!), that means that I will have a lot more free time on my hands. So what should I do? Obviously my new free time must be filled by jumping on the bandwagon that three of my friends have already hopped on- I must start a blog.

When I was thinking of an angle for said blog, I was thinking, 'What could possibly be interesting about my life?' One of the things that I have come to realize is that I am in love with the South.
I love the beautiful landscapes, the cooking, the accent, the wrap-around porches and the dogwood trees. And when this time of year comes around, I particularly look forward to warm, breezy evenings, cookouts, end-of-the-semester festivities and the lazy days of summer.

So as I write this, and procrastinate from doing any real school work, there are two days left of classes and only 10 days before I pack up and leave my home here at UNC-CH and go back to Hillsborough, NC.

My teachers, I feel, have also given in to the summer fever. This morning for my dearly-beloved (note sarcasm here) news writing class we went to a local favorite, Breadmen's, for breakfast.

I had their yummy french toast, which I would recommend to anyone who has a sweet tooth in the morning, like I sometimes do.

After my Italian class, my friends Whitney, Kristen and I decided to check out this new frozen yogurt place, Orange Leaf, on Weaver Dairy Road in Chapel Hill.


IT WAS AMAAZZINNGG. How this works:

1. Serve your own ice cream (choose from over 12 flavors)
2. Pile on your favorite toppings (by yourself! Caution: This is dangerous)
Choose from kiwi, strawberries, peanuts, gummy worms, m&ms, oreos, chocolate syrup, caramel and much much more.
3. Weigh your ice cream
4. Leave happy


Sadly, I am back now, watching Dancing with the Stars on my couch.
I can no longer postpone my procrastination and must start on my mock magazine spreads for graphic design!

Till then,
Cara

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to orange leaf tonight, i can't wait!!! love your blog so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for introducing me to Orange Leaf! Over-indulging with you is always great!

    ReplyDelete