"In summer, the song sings itself." -William Carlos Williams




Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Two More Days!

So today on this beautiful last Tuesday of classes, I got to have a little bit more free time when both of my classes were let out early.

In my awkward new free time I made a trip to the Student Store's bookstore- Bull's Head.
There I found a book that I think that any one with hipster/indie friends should give to said friend for Christmas.


That's right. Look at This F*cking Hipster: a compilation of pictures that can be found on the official website.

The book identifies undying loyalty to Pabst Blue Ribbon beer, tight pants, thrift store clothes and inappropriate facial hair as some traits of hipsters.

If any of you know any hipsters, you will find these gross accusations to be fairly accurate... and hilarious.

After wasting about an hour and a half in the book store and in the pit (the center of campus), I made my way to my last international communication and comparative journalism class. Where there was the presentation of the last group project. They gave out cookies. This is a brilliant idea. Take note. If you ever have a group presentation- kiss up to your audience, preferably in the form of food.

After dinner I went over to the Journalism School (the J-school) where I tried to start working on these magazine pages that I have been putting off, only to find that the server was not connecting. Eff.

BUUUTTT the funniest part of my day by far was going to the Bonnaroo College Comedy Tour!
Pete Holmes and Kumail Nanjiani performed. OH MY GOODNESS! They were amazingly funny. I was crying I was laughing so hard. I would definitely recommend checking out their material.

After the show I got to meet them both, because my friend Vinny helped to put on the show (which was brought to UNC by CUAB).

Hysterical!

So here I am, a day later and I still have not completed my magazine pages.
But tomorrow is LAST DAY OF CLASSES!!!!

So until then,
Cara

3 comments:

  1. I wish I had gone to the comedy thing with you!
    YAY LDOC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping you purchased that book. I want to add it to my list! Happy LDOC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately, I didn't purchase said book, I only creepily looked at it in the book store.

    ReplyDelete