"In summer, the song sings itself." -William Carlos Williams




Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Epicuriwhat?

I have a new addiction in my life. Epicurious. A.k.a. the best site ever.

I discovered Epicurious whilst looking at my dad's new iPad (omgtheyaresocool) and stumbled upon this app that he has on it. Epicurious is a bank of recipes that you can search through online! You can search by main food item, health level, meal or holiday. But the best part about this recipe collection is that all of the food is AMAZING. A lot of websites the recipes they give you can be hit or miss.

Another cool feature- it gives you an ingredient list that you can either print out at home or ,if you are using the iPad, can send right to your iPhone to have in the supermarket. How clever! It also gives you nutrition information for each meal (most of the time) and provides a cooking dictionary (who knows what the difference between saté and sauté is?) and cooking videos online.

Am I a nerd for loving a cooking website? Maybe. But. Look. At. This.


You cannot deny that you want to reach into the screen and gobble all of that up!
It is Epicurious' recipe for Fourth of July Dessert. (Can we make this for Fourth of July pretty please??!) They offer holiday event planning menus! So they give you all of the things you would need for one meal.

One of the menus suggested

Grilled Shrimp Cocktail

Rib-eye, T-bone or Strip Steaks

Mashed Sweet Potatos with Banana and Brown Sugar!
Grilled Corn on the Cob

Chopped Salad

Ugh! My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Last night I put one of the menu's to the test! Grilled Shrimp and Vegetables with Pearl Couscous was what was for dinner.

IT WAS SO GOOD!

I couldn't believe it.

I was eating zucchini, red onions and mushrooms! Who would have thought?! For any one who has known me for more than a month can attest that vegetables are not always my thing. But, I have ventured into a whole new world!

For your viewing pleasure...



I will definitely be trying more things from Epicurious in the future!

Until then,
Cara

2 comments:

  1. that looks deliciouss!!!! I will absolutely be trying out their recipes or making my mom try out their recipes.

    Lets be honest...its going to be the latter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm how have I not heard about this site?! Your food looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete