"In summer, the song sings itself." -William Carlos Williams




Friday, June 11, 2010

Things that are Southern: Porches

Porches are a fixture on many historic southern homes and I am in love with them. Even if I live in Maine when I am older, I will have a porch.

Why?
Porches are amazing for reading books, drinking lemonade, eating breakfast on and enjoying the outdoors with out exactly having to get sweaty!

Porches have a lot of charm and they add another dimension to a house that makes it become a home.

My dad and I usually eat breakfast every morning out on our porch, seen below.

A lot of times, my favorite thing about coming home for the summer is spending mornings out on the rocking chair, seen above.

Here are some more porches that I found that I think are amazing!


I love this last one!

Do you have an outdoor area that you love to use?

Until then,
Cara

2 comments:

  1. I love eating out on our porch too! Our front porch is teeny though, but we have a screened-in one out back that I like. Love these photos, and the yellow pillows in that last one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new layout Cara!! I love the 2nd and third porch pictures here! I also like having breakfast in my miniature sized screened in porch, but what I like more is laying out with a book in my backyard on a sunny day!

    ReplyDelete