"In summer, the song sings itself." -William Carlos Williams




Friday, June 4, 2010

Me Time

So, over the past week or so I have had a lot of me time. This has been so necessary and we probably carry on for the next few days.
Me time is what the summer usually ends up turning into for me, because let's be honest, it's the only time where there are not 28,000 people around me to play with!
However, my days of lying in bed, watching documentaries and eating fig newtons should probably come to an end. I will, however, continue to read, go to my internship and hopefully start to work on scrapbook things.

The Indian wedding last weekend was incredible! There were horses, parasols, beautiful saris, lots of dancing and chanting, lots of flower petals and hot pink, so much food and just an incredible scene in general.

There was also a photo booth! Of course the other intern, Nicole, and I went crazy taking pictures....
some of my favorite from the night...



Fun right?! After you finished taking the pictures one copy would be yours to keep and then guests would leave another copy for the guest book! Love this idea and will fully expect one at my wedding.

Perhaps the problem with working for a wedding magazine this summer: extreme high expectations for my own wedding!

Another thing, I know I have mentioned to some of you- my friend Amanda and I are starting a health/fitness magazine on campus next semester! Excitement! It is going to be called The Well-Being (get it?!). So we have been making a business plan for that and working to get accreditation from the school. We are also starting to look for people to be on staff. (Megan? Would you like to have like a column every issue about food?!)

Anyways. This has gotten me thinking that because I am starting a health magazine on campus- I should probably start to become more healthy myself. I believe that to be good at anything you need to be passionate about it. So I should probably walk the walk before I talk the talk in this new magazine.

So, decision. Because my life schedule is slightly awkward for working out, with my internship every morning, this means I will just be waking up earlier! I'm going to start doing pilates every morning again (which always gets me in good shape, I might add!)



I will look just like this woman every morning with matching lilac yoga mat and sports bra in front of a serene white curtain.

On a more real note, I should also probably stop eating all of those Thin Mint cookies and pop tarts.

Will update you on how this healthy venture goes!

Until then,
Cara

2 comments:

  1. Umm I love everything about this post! The photo booth looks like so much fun, you are gorgeous! I bet that wedding was amazing. And YES YES YES I want to be a part of your health magazine! AHHH it's like my dream come true! Also we should go to yoga/pilates classes together next semester :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. im in for yoga and pilates!! maybe even...yogalates?

    I love you and you look gorgeous in all of those pictures. Good luck on your magazine business plan. Its such a good idea! Make sure to keep me posted, boo!

    ReplyDelete