"In summer, the song sings itself." -William Carlos Williams




Friday, May 28, 2010

Things I am: tired!

Today was an extremely busy day and tomorrow will probably be busier!
Sorry, today's post will not include pictures. I will just tell you what I did. There was no time to take pictures! ha.

So, this weekend was my first wedding as an intern. So, this morning we began to set up for the wedding (which is Indian) at the Washington Duke Inn in Durham and for the Sangeet (think large/fun party the night before the wedding) in the tobacco district of Durham at Bay 7 (SO pretty. Fact: I love exposed bricks).

This is what the space looks like. But for the Sangeet think lots of jewel tones, LOTS of candles, crazy lighting, and extravagance.

So all morning was spent setting up that space.
Then we went over to Washington Duke Inn where I helped set up/run errands until I had to go work my first hosting shift at Spanky's!
Can you believe that? I have been working at Spanky's for 6 months and tonight was my first host shift.

Conclusion: sooo much better!
Why?
1. I get to dress up
2. There is no heavy lifting involved
3. I don't have to stand in a hot, sweaty kitchen all night

But I did have more time to think about how hungry I was (nights I work I usually don't get to eat dinner until around 10) and nicer shoes are not great to just stand around in for 4 hours.

Tomorrow I will wake up super duper early to go to the wedding! And then I once again have to work.

Oh my goodness, Sunday I am just going to pass out. There better be sleeping in somewhere in my future!

Love you all,
Cara

2 comments:

  1. Your first wedding, so exciting!! I bet you are exhausted. Enjoy your weekend love :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! first wedding and first host job! you be movin on up! I'm proud, and have fun at work today!!

    ReplyDelete