"In summer, the song sings itself." -William Carlos Williams




Monday, May 17, 2010

Rainy Days

One of my all time favorite things is a rainy summer day. I must admit, I can be a pretty big homebody sometimes. So yes, I secretly love days in which I can sit in my bed all day and not feel a bit of guilt for not being out and about.

Today is one of those days, and fortunately this whole week will be! Why fortunately? Because I need to recharge my batteries. I really haven't been able to sit down since I got home a week ago. This semester was not the most stressful, but probably one of the least restful. So I will gladly take a week of Lost episodes, reading and blogging to my hearts content.

I didn't even have to leave my bed to take these pictures...


Can you see the rain?

Some of my favorite reading material over the summer is Vogue Italia. Love it. I started reading it last summer to practice my Italian skills and I think that it really helped this year!

Here is this month's issue...

These babies are not cheap either. $15 in stores. Whoo!

One more thing before I go! My image boards are starting to pop up on the Southern Weddings blog! Exciting! I am having such at great time interning with them so far! Three hours everyday fly by!
Anywho, here are some links to my image boards! I didn't write the actual text, that credit can be given to Katharine Waterman.
Post 1 and post 2 are about this adorable couple Merrie and Simon!

Alright, well I am am going to get back to Lost! I hope y'all are having a relaxing day as well!

Until then,
Cara

3 comments:

  1. I love rainy days!!! And the pictures for Southern Wedding are adorable!!! I love the bridesmaids colors!!! Muy bonita!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to have you at SW! I might need to steal some of those Italian Vogues sometime soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cara those image boards look awesome! You are so legit! And that cake with the strawberries on it looks TO DIE for.

    Enjoy your restful week!!

    ReplyDelete