"In summer, the song sings itself." -William Carlos Williams




Friday, May 7, 2010

Day 2

So it is only my second full day of summer, and I am already procrastinating! Accomplishment, I think yes!

My roomed is jammed-packed with all of my things that I moved back in yesterday. I cooouulld go put everything back now, but that would be just a little bit too much effort on this GORGEOUS day!

I will post a blog about my summer goals later on (when I actually decide what they are). However, as a couple of my friends have already decided what books they are reading, I suppose I will too!

Sooo technically this is GOAL #1- read these books!

1. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte

2. The Beautiful and Damned by F. Scott Fitzgerald

3. The Moviegoer by Walker Percy

4. Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell

5. Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad

6. The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway

7. The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton

8. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis Carroll

9. The Arabian Nights by Anonymous

10. The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas, père

11. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë

12. A Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne

13. Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury

I am hoping to get through Barnes and Nobles Classic Collection by the end of my lifetime and I suppose I should start now!
I will keep you updated on my reads!

This is actually what I want ...


or like this... you know


Beauty and the Beast anyone?

I love home libraries! There will be one in my household. Fact.

But till then,
Cara

1 comment:

  1. I haven't unpacked either, no worries! Great reading list... and that first photo? I WANT IT.

    ReplyDelete