"In summer, the song sings itself." -William Carlos Williams




Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Magazines and Indian Food

Sooo today was my second day at Southern Weddings internship.
I can't even describe how quickly it went by. My three hours were up so quickly!
You know when you love something when you can do it for hours and feel like no time has gone by!
My job today was to help out with the photo boards for the SW blog.
All of the SW team is so friendly and nice (hope they like me!).
Emily was really kind to help me go step by step through the process a couple of times this morning.
It seems like that internship is going to be really great this summer.

The top storyboard here is an example of something I worked on today!

After I left from there I left for Southpoint where I met Amanda to talk about the a health and fitness magazine that we want to start on campus this coming fall. It is so exciting to have a project like that to work on. It is so up my alley and Amanda is so great to work with because we both understand each other and our work styles (we were co-editors of our yearbook).

I am uber excited about this whole thing! After we get accreditation from the school we are hoping to get a pdf of the magazine up online by the end of fall and print editions by the spring! Will let you guys know where that is going.
If anyone has any ideas for a title of the magazine let me know!

After talking about that for a bit, I went to Victoria Secret where my indecisiveness led me to purchase two bottles of body spray. Because a girl can never smell too good!
No, seriously, these scents were awesome.

I got the basic Body Mist
and then I got this stuff...

Which I am really excited about using tomorrow!

Also, tonight I had Indian food for the first time. I know, so uncultured.
I got the mango chicken (mild, for starters) and it was pretty good! Some of the other food that people at the table got was pretty weird looking, but maybe I can work my way up to that.

Then when I came home, my dear friend Christiana came over and we went out onto my roof (which is accessible from my room) and looked at the stars and caught up.

Over all a great day!
Wish I had more pictures to share with you, but maybe tomorrow!

Till then,
Cara

2 comments:

  1. That sounds amazing! (gazing up at the stars from your roof)
    and I'm glad you liked indian food! We're definitely going to mint together when we get back to school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like the most perf day ever! And I need to check out that VS body mist, I like the bottle :)

    ReplyDelete