"In summer, the song sings itself." -William Carlos Williams




Thursday, May 13, 2010

Spring Cleaning and Darjeeling

So, today after another successful morning at Southern Weddings, I came home and finally decided to put off my procrastination and actually get some unpacking done.

The unfortunate thing.... this is what was waiting for me...

Sad day. I have been crawling over my stuff for the past week and living out of boxes! But today I decided to put an end to it!

Lots of recycling, two trash bags full of Goodwill items, lots of sorting and three and a half hours later.....


TADA!!! So much better! Haha.

My friends (Iain, Christiana and Michael) came over tonight and we watched The Darjeeling Limited.

Can we sense a movie marathon trend to my summer so far?
I have to say, this is one of my favorite Wes Anderson films that I have seen. The scenery was gorgeous, as was the cinematography. I would definitely recommend it.

But what kept on striking me was this luggage of their father's that they were carrying around the whole time. It was so old-timey and just fun.


Isn't that cool looking?

Alright, well it's midnight and I must be up at 8 to get ready to go into SW.

Till then,
Cara

2 comments:

  1. i enjoyed the rhyme in your post title! and i'm supes impressed with your cleaning. i avoided mine for days as well =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. dang! you did some heavy duty cleaning hahah i'm impressed!
    And that movie sounds awesome! I think I may rent it

    ReplyDelete