"In summer, the song sings itself." -William Carlos Williams




Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Big Day!

So today was the big day!
It was my first day as an intern at Southern Weddings Magazine!

It was...

1. AMAZING!
2. Cold (Why? Why do you do this to us North Carolina?)
3. Not as stressful as I thought it would be.
4. GORGEOUS!!!

No, seriously. It was so amazing to be surrounded by gorgeous dresses and flowers and ribbons. The location Fearrington Village is TO DIE FOR!! I am seriously considering the spot for my own wedding now.


Why? Because it is perfect. It was overcast all day today, but the place had such a soft light to it, and everything was green and natural and flowery.

These pictures do not do it justice! My photography skills today were not on point.




Don't you just love those lights hanging from the tree?


The pavilion to the right is where everything was being set up/prepared for the shoots


It was so awesome to be surrounded by people with so much creative energy and imagination etc. Just to see Jose Villa ( one of the best wedding photographers out there) work was so much fun.

And to see the way that our stylist for the day, Joy, arranged bouquets, tables, and other various set ups was amazing. It was just lovely to be surrounded by beautiful things!

The models for today's shoot were also gorgeous and so friendly! I would love to be something like them one day. They were all twenty-somethings that were engaged, stylish and so confident!

Above are the bridesmaids dresses that we put them in for the shoot! The color palette of the day was aqua, blue and green paired with cream. So pretty!




Above is only part of the stuff we had laying out for the shoot. Including loads and loads of beautiful jewelry. Oh! and there is the Subway that I was sent to go get! haha.

Overall, I would say today was an amazing start to my internship this summer!
Tomorrow I start my regular hours with them at their Chapel Hill office from 9:30-12:30.

I will get off just in time to go meet Amanda about the new magazine we are trying to start on campus!

Such a good day!

Till then,
Cara

1 comment: