"In summer, the song sings itself." -William Carlos Williams




Monday, May 3, 2010

Alice in Wonderland

Sooo for those of you who aren't aware, I am a graphic design major.

Which I love.

However, this means that I have been hidden away in the J-school for the past two days working on my final project, which was to create magazine feature.

It included six pages about Johnny Depp's role in Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland. I never saw this when it was in theaters... and now I really want to. Especially since I slaved 20+ hours over my spread.

Do you want to see it?
I know you want to see it.
Okay, well you're going to see it anyway.




Hopefully these babies are good enough to give me an A in the class!

On another note. It is starting to get hotter and hotter every day! I wish it would storm so all of this humidity could be broken!

My friends are slowly starting to leave to go home. This saddens me! The worst part of the summer- saying goodbye to all of my Carolina friends! I wish there was someway that we could all be together with out the actual school aspect. :P

Seems like its couch city for me tonight! Currently watching He's Just Not That Into You, a.k.a the creed that every single (and taken for that matter) girl should live by. I really believe that.

Every girl should have this book and read it and highlight it and refer to it at all points.
If you are cheap, like I am, you should go here where GoogleBooks has placed 54 pages of it online. Even this will enlighten.

Can't say that I have exactly lived by this creed. But maybe I should try to!


So above, this is my favorite couple in the movie. Why? Because most of us single ladies are like Gigi. She struggles and then finds this guy and it seems to be okay- and then she realizes it might be a big flop. But thennn in the end of course he comes after her and she ends up being okay.

How is this different from every other chick flick you ask? It points out all of the stupid things that girls will do to trick themselves into believing that 1. they need a guy and 2. that they might have a chance with any random man who flirts with them.

Point?

Stop being so overbearing and stressed out and overeager about the whole situation!

I am the last person who is amazing at this advice. I am impatient and a worry wart.

But hold your heads high ladies! Who wants to be taken when you are this young anyways?



Till then,
Cara

2 comments:

  1. Let's go see Alice in Wonderland at the $1.50 theater next week! Cheap=good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your layouts are amazing Cara! And I looove that movie. Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete