"In summer, the song sings itself." -William Carlos Williams




Monday, May 10, 2010

Oh, Vanity Fair

Sooo today was a pretty busy relaxed day (oxymoron-yes, appropriate-yes!).

After a scrumptious breakfast of Mickey-Mouse-shaped pancakes (yes, I might or might not still be six years old), I went to Weaver Street Market, where I resided for the next 4 hours.

I love Weaver Street. Everything is local and organic.
Their medicinal isle is amazing. They have natural remedies for everything!
This morning I had no ailments, however, so I just sat around and chose pictures for my sophomore year scrapbook that I am making this summer and got some lunch.
Weaver Street is always so pretty!
Here is a stalker picture I took...

Notice how I placed the camera on the table so that people would not be alarmed when I tried to take a picture of them eating.

Also, I took a picture of my food. Because it was just so colorful!

I guess it could be more colorful- but hey! this is improvement.
Things I would not have had on my plate a year ago that were on this one- chickpeas, cantaloupe and honey dew. Wow- I really branched out this year! ha.

I went straight from the Weave to my beloved Whitney Davis' home in Raleigh!
There we went to H&M- my first time in the new store at Crabtree. I got an amazing shirt and bracelet to match!
After some relaxing couch time at the Davis home and some cheese-its (thanks Whit), I returned home to... NO DINNER! Haha, my dad didn't know I would be home.

C'est la vie.

Tonight, movie round two! I watched Vanity Fair.

Are we sensing a trend with the movies I enjoy? However, I could never tell if I liked Rebecca Sharp (Reese's role). She was fierce, and she knew how to turn heads. But she also gave up a lot of her morals and lost a lot of good standing by the end of the movie. I'm pretty sure she kept her pride, however. Has anyone else seen this and have an opinion?

Tomorrow is my first day at Southern Weddings!
Will let you know how it goes!

Also- Don't forget to read my post below of my summer to-do list!
Two posts in one day- I know, I'm crazy.

Till then,
Cara

2 comments:

  1. You can eat my Cheez-its anytime! Did you know Reese was like 7 months pregnant while they were shooting Vanity Fair? Thought you'd enjoy that tid-bit! Enjoy your first day at Southern Weddings! Call me tonight and let me know how it went!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah I enjoyed your strategic camera placement. Good call, I hear people don't usually take kindly to being photographed by strangers

    ReplyDelete