"In summer, the song sings itself." -William Carlos Williams




Sunday, May 9, 2010

Working hard for the Money

So this summer, besides my internship at Southern Weddings (which starts Tuesday!), I am going to be making some money as a runner and hostess at Spanky's restaurant on Franklin Street in Chapel Hill.

It's really good food if you ever want to check it out. My favorites? Hands down the shrimp and grits. But let's get serious- I just like shrimp and grits in general (Southern- I think yes!). The tex-mex burger is also delish!

But anyways. Spanky's is the reason why my blog has been so bare for the past two days.
Because it is where I have been for literally more hours than I have been at home.



It was awesome seeing all of the graduates in their cap and gowns in town! It makes me really sentimental and proud to go to Carolina!

This might be creepy- but I took this off of one of my friends facebook pages just because I love it so much! I can't wait (but really I can) to take these pictures in two years.



Anyways. Done creeping.

Tomorrow, when I have a chance to breathe, I will create a list of things I want to do this summer and then possibly unpack!

Tonight, however, I watched the most amazing film. The September Issue which follows Vogue Editor-in-Chief Anna Wintour and Creative Director Grace Coddington, among others, during the creations of Vouge's legendary September issue.


I know this is in French, but doesn't that kind of make the poster that much more legit?

It was the perfect film for me to watch tonight, because I have been feeling so out of my creative, fun zone lately. I love fashion. Have I told you this? I might not be able to dress my self to the nines everyday, but I can really appreciate those who do. And I am in love with a good fashion spread in a magazine.

The whole process of coming up with a concept and then going to location to shoot and really being taken to another world, or at least to another mindset. It really intrigues me and I could/want to live my life dreaming up these ideas for photo shoots!

I feel as those my creative energy has really been stunted/I have really let it slide.
Mental note, put that on my summer to-do list somewhere!

There were also scenes of photo shoots in Versailles.
I love Versailles.
My favorite movie of all time is Marie Antoinette.
I am such a Romantic. I just like rich colors paired with pastels. I love elegance and overflowing gardens and dresses.
I could go on foreverrr.



It doesn't hurt that she has a really handsome lover on the side!


Vogue also took this inspiration into another issue.



I can't help it- I suppose I will be a romantic for life.

But you know what? I love it!

Recently purchased Italian Vogue for June- will let you know what I think!

Till then,
Cara

3 comments:

  1. I ALMOST watched the September Issue last night! Then my mom suggested Clueless and since it was Mother's Day, I had to give in. Glad to hear it was great though!

    Marie Antoinette is a GREAT film... love the costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww those are our seniors!! That will be us in 2 years! Ok I'm going to go off and cry in a corner now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahah i spot meesh!! Yes, I definitely CAN wait to graduate. Being a legit grown up? No thanks.

    PS: I think you are SUPER creative - I loved that Alice in Wonderland spread you put together for your class!

    Also, I may have misled you when I said I unpacked because - things I did when i woke up this morning (at 8am)? Trip over a huge pile of my "unpacked clothes" which i removed from my suitcase and promptly dumped on my floor because I am out of hangers. Oh, well.

    ReplyDelete