"In summer, the song sings itself." -William Carlos Williams




Monday, May 24, 2010

The Lake and other things

Sorry I have not blogged for a few days- I was sucked into the Lost world. Really. My phone is broken, I have not been on Skype or fb chat or ashamedly many other places than on my bed watching Lost for the past two or three days.


Last night when the final was on I was still catching up on the last few episodes so I literally would check fb with a hand over the screen, seeing if I had any notifications and then exiting out (I didn't want to accidentally see any spoilers)

So I just finished watching the last episode. And yes I cried. That had to be one of the best stories (let alone shows) that I have ever heard/seen. You get so emotionally attached to the characters. What an ending. It wasn't even disappointing. It's just sorta like you knew that was what needed to happen.


Anyways- I don't even know if any of you watch Lost- so I will talk about something you can understand!

Partying!

Went to my friend's lake house (if you thought the last party was in the country- this one was an hour long drive out into the country... literally you are on like 6 different long, country roads for an hour getting out to this place). There the whole gang from Cedar Ridge got together and had a pretty good time, I would say!


Lake Mayo!

It's always really great going back home and seeing all of my friends from home. Not everyone was there- but that's okay, there will be more lake gatherings in the future.

Key aspects of a lake house party

1. Log cabin

This should give you an idea of where we were.

2. porch sitting
3. camp fire (over which hotdogs were cooked)
4. bunk beds
5. morning trip to Bojangles (20 minutes away. Yes- it took us 20 minutes to get back to somewhere that was even close to somewhere)
6. boat outing (duh- why go to a lake if you don't use the boat)
7. fishing on said boat


Look! It's me fishing!

8. Usually there are jet ski's and tubing involved but it was cold this weekend
9. There is also usually tanning but see activities 5 and 8 for why we were not willing to put on bathing suits.
10. A damn-good time


Side note: Once again the girl-guy ratio is significantly improved once I go home- 10 guys to 4 girls.

Anyways, so that was Friday and Saturday! Don't know quiet what I will be up to this week- but whatever it is I hope it is fun!

Until then,
Cara

2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS. That literally is everything I could ever want in a party and more. IM MOVING TO HILLSBOROUGH. not really, but lets do this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look like such a fisherwoman in that picture! I'm proud! Can't wait to see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete