"In summer, the song sings itself." -William Carlos Williams




Saturday, May 15, 2010

Good Morning!

Before I tell you about how wonderful my morning was, I will tell you that last night was officially the start of my summer. It felt like summer last night. NC State and VT got out this week, so all of my high school friends were finally able to reunite. It's not summer until you can get everyone back together again!

We grilled out and then let the fun begin! It was the perfect summer evening, and later on there was a summer thunderstorm- how perfect!!

I know when I describe to y'all our parties/gatherings, there is confusion. All parties in Hillsborough tend to happen out in the country- where there are no noise complaints or neighbors to worry about. Why do we do this? Because we can. I am one of the only people in my whole group of friends who has neighbors that are right next door.



This is the house we were at last night (pictures I took this morning)

That's right. She has horses in her front yard. Love it!

So that is pretty much why my morning was amazing. I woke up early to a gorgeous drive home to my favorite morning music (Coldplay- esp. the song Strawberry Swing on their Viva la Vida album).

I just got back from walking to Hillsborough's Weaver Street with my dad. Such a good day for a walk around town! I forgot how much I love Hillsborough. I will have to take some pictures of the quainter homes!

The biscuits at Weaver Street are amazing, I must say! And they are HUGE! I had to save the other half for lunch today. Obviously getting my $2.50 worth.

What am I off to do now? I'm going to go read my book (Still reading Lipstick Jungle) out on the hammock! Loooveee summer!

Then probably going to get some tanning in and then its off to work at 5:30!

Till then,
Cara

5 comments:

  1. Partying and then Weaver Street? Umm can I just BE you?! And I love the horses in the front yard, that's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds amazing! TAKE ME TO A COUNTRY PARTY! In exchange, I'll invite you to a city party. Neighbors do file noise complaints. You have to have an escape route planned in advance in case the cops come....exciting, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahah this day sounds PERFECT. And I agree with Whit. I want to go to a country party!!! only if everyone wears jorts though. can that happen?

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha just because we live in the semi-country we don't reduce into fashionless beings. You can wear jorts and then I will laugh at you! :) jk love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww I could practically hear your voice on the page... miss you, wish you were here!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete