"In summer, the song sings itself." -William Carlos Williams




Wednesday, June 9, 2010

homemade dinners

Hey y'all!
Sooo this last night I had my first dinner party of the summer. This one was smaller (just 6 people), just as a sort of easing into the summer. I decided that it should be Mexican themed. (Yes, I was craving burritos, what of it?)
So my good friend Christi came over and we made tortillas (my mother's recipe that she has been using forever) , homemade guacamole (I am ashamed to admit that I had never had guacamole before last night, and it was amazing) and watermelon!
It was so nice to have people over to the house! (I have no pictures, because I am lame and forgot to charge my camera), but I WISH I had pictures because it was such a pretty night. I set up a table outside in my backyard and we all sat on lawn chairs with towels on them because they were too low... ah the simple joys of summer.
The lightning bugs were out last night too! That's when it really felt like summer! Good food and great company- what more could a girl ask for?
And one thing I noticed was that our conversation was so good. I don't know, I just always feel so grown up when I have people over for dinner and we can all just sit outside and talk with out having to have something like drinking or games or watching a movie to help move the conversation along.

There will be more dinner parties to come, and I promise that next time I will take pictures of said event! (I will first need to find my camera charger :P )

My pilates in the mornings is going well. I am ashamed to say that this morning, after a night of socialization, I did not manage to get up. I should probably learn how to just push through the tiredness, but sleep definitely has its value too, right?

Today, I have been watching Season 2 of Sex and the City. I love it! I feel like I would be so blessed to have such a tight group of friends when I grow older to experience the world with! And watching the show reminds me of all my amazing friends that I have right now that I feel like are all so unique and help me to become the best version of me that I can be.



I seriously love you girls and it's so incredible, now that I think about it, to have friends that are all such strong women and are so close and dear to me!

I will stop being sappy now.


Until then,
Cara

2 comments:

  1. I love it!!! I showed my mom and dad the beach pictures from SB we took the other day and they LOVED THEM. but they were also like, "why are you guys all wearing the same thing?"

    Don't worry I assured them that it's cute not suuper lame

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the SB pic of us! And your dinner party sounds fab. Miss/love you!

    ReplyDelete