"In summer, the song sings itself." -William Carlos Williams




Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Girls' Night!

So! Lately I have been kind of bored and so yesterday when I was thinking of things I could do: ah ha! Girls night! So naturally I texted bff Christiana and she suggested that we had said girl night immediately- who was I to decline?

Naturally the evening was centered around three things, the pillars of girl nights: A good chick flick and good food and good drink!

All of you non-girly girls might scoff. But chick flicks, as superficial and semi-related as they all might be, are the most carefree way to a fun night!

And none of you will be laughing when you see what our three pillars of the night consisted of.

Yes. Our good friend André came over. And yes. Those are chocolate covered strawberries!
SO GOOD!

Movie of choice? The movie with at least 6 stories of love...


Needless to say we had a fun time ogle-ing the likes of Bradley Cooper, Taylor Lautner and Ashton Kutcher. Perfect night!

Also- I made the chocolate covered strawberries. That's right ladies and gents- I got into the kitchen again and whipped up something amazing!! And it was SO easy. I will definitely be making these again.

As you can see by the first poor strawberry at the top left, it took me a couple of tries to get the consistency of the chocolate and the twirling technique down. But, after some added milk (next time I think I shall use half and half) the mixture smoothed right out!

Aren't these strawberries huge, too! It is strawberry season my friend, and the pickins are good! They are also much cheaper now since there are so many on the market. Only $1.50 per box! And with Redbox $1 movie rentals this night was a steal, if you ask me!


Mmmm. They were so delicious! Also, another tip- put them in the fridge to dry! The recipe I was looking at say they are best at room temp, but some coolage is necessary to harden the shells up!

Off for another delightful day at SoWeds!

Until then,
Cara

1 comment:

  1. I want Andre nowww! Haha this looks like so much fun :)
    I need to come visit Raleigh soon and we'll have a girls' night!!

    ReplyDelete